Shu-El was an ancient native to the planet, Krypton and a respected scientist. He was recognized for his contributions to the fields of mathematics and computer theory. Shu-El and his wife gave birth to two children, Thar-El and Fedra Shu-El. His direct family line would one day lead to the birth of Krypton's last male heir, Kal-El. Shu-El passed away (presumably of natural causes) many years prior to the destruction of Krypton. A statue of him was erected in the House of El memorial hall at New Kandor on the planet Rokyn.
- This version of Shu-El (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- The character of Shu-El was created by E Nelson Bridwell and Curt Swan.
- 1 Appearances of Shu-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Shu-El (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Shu-El (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Shu-El (Earth-One)