Silver St. Cloud is a socialite from Gotham City's upper class. She was involved in a romantic relationship with billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne, and at some point during their relationship she discovered that Wayne is secretly the costumed crime fighter known as the Batman. After witnessing one of Batman's battles, she realized that she could not live with the constant fear of losing him. She ended their relationship and left Gotham.
Years later, St. Cloud returned to Gotham with her then-fiancé, U.S. Senator Evan Gregory. Gregory was on a political campaign running for Governor, but he ran into some complications when his opponent turned out to be the Joker.
After being doused with the Scarecrow's fear gas, St. Cloud rediscovered her passion for Wayne, and decided to cut off her engagement to Gregory. Right after informing Gregory of the devastating news, St. Cloud was abducted by the Joker, who planned to use her to pressure Gregory into dropping out. Gregory went after the Joker, but he tragically lost his right arm and leg before he and Silver were rescued by Batman. Batman asked St. Cloud to stay with Gregory while he recovers, reasoning that Gregory needed her now and that they can wait until the current crisis has passed. St. Cloud was furious at the notion of being "loaned out" to another man. Later, Gregory died, and she went to meet Wayne after that.
St. Cloud and Wayne rekindled their relationship after Gregory's death. St. Cloud now understood Wayne's responsibilities as Batman and was more than content to have him during daytime while Gotham had him at night. Wayne seriously considered giving up the mantle of the bat and settling with St. Cloud for good, especially since a new vigilante, Baphomet, had turned up and impressed both Batman and Robin with his crime-fighting abilities. Wayne finally proposed to Silver and invited Baphomet to his Batcave to formally introduce himself and St. Cloud to Baphomet. However, Baphomet then revealed himself as the villain Onomatopoeia and instantly slit St. Cloud's throat.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985-86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Batman has remarked that he would've liked to start a family with her.
- St. Cloud's apparent death was the cliffhanger ending of the first half of the Widening Gyre storyline. The second half of Widening Gyre is still forthcoming.
- 29 Appearances of Silver St. Cloud (New Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Silver St. Cloud (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Silver St. Cloud (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Silver St. Cloud (New Earth)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: