"What Simon Did": Calling upon the dark powers of the netherverse, Simon Dark sacrifices a portion of his own life energy in order to resurrect his creator, Gus. These elements belong to two "hearts and minds" named Peter and Thomas.
- I know who I am now. I know where I came from. I don't know where I'll go next. But I am no longer afraid. And I help when I can. That's what Simon does.
- -- Simon Dark
Appearing in "What Simon Did"
Synopsis for "What Simon Did"
Calling upon the dark powers of the netherverse, Simon Dark sacrifices a portion of his own life energy in order to resurrect his creator, Gus. These elements belong to two "hearts and minds" named Peter and Thomas.
With this sacrifice however, Simon now has greater control over his transmutative abilities, and can now make himself appear as a normal boy whenever he wishes.
He goes to Gotham Community College where he finds Rachel Dodds. He knows that Rachel will never love him the way he loves her, but he can accept that now. He can accept a lot of things. He says goodbye and then pays one final visit to Sacred Martyr Church. Tom and Beth eventually come by, but when they arrive, Simon is long gone. Beth asks Tom out on a breakfast date.
Simon Dark disappears, but he has a clearer sense of identity now, and wherever he goes, he will no longer be afraid of what he is, or where he came from.
- Final issue of the series.
- Issue shipped on March 11th, 2009.
- No trivia.
- Simon Dark image gallery
- Simon Dark appearances list
- Simon Dark quotes page
- Scott Hampton art gallery
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Simon Dark Vol 1 18 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Simon Dark series
Links and References
- Simon Dark series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Simon Dark series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Simon Dark article at Wikipedia