- My passport says I'm Simon Petrarch and I've been many things in my life-- explorer, adventurer, mercenary, spy. I've been too many things and I've seen too much. I've sold my soul by bits and pieces over the years until I have nothing left.
- -- Simon Petrarch src
Simon Petrarch is the main character of the propoganda comic book "Batman." In Gotham City, two comic book writers began writing a comic book series entitled Batman. The series was written to persuade the people of Gotham that the real vigilante was actually a public menace.
The writers, not knowing Batman's real secret identity, gave him the alias Simon Petrarch. Petrarch describes himself as an adventurer and mercenary in search of ultimate power. One day, when adventuring in the Himalayas, the man stumbles upon the shrine dedicated to Satan, himself. Satan, wishing to come to Earth so he can wreak havoc on its people, makes a deal with Petrarch. The adventurer would get ultimate power if he allowed Satan to possess him. Petrarch accepts and submits to the Devil.
As the man, now transformed with Satan, rises from the ground, he realizes his new superpowers and leaves to begin starting chaos. Petrarch chooses the city of Gotham as his base. Calling himself "the Batman," Petrarch terrorizes the city and everyone in it.
- Magic: Petrarch was granted the powers of Satan when he sold his soul for ultimate power. Petrarch was given incredible powers with the deal as well.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Petrarch, like the real Batman, is an expert fighter. Whether he gained the ability through actual experience or through Satan is undetermined.
- 3 Appearances of Simon Petrarch (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Simon Petrarch (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Simon Petrarch (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Simon Petrarch (New Earth)