- The art of war is deceit. First, you must attack your enemy when he least expects; in a place where he feels strong, but is in fact weak; with an army he believes he has already vanquished.
- -- Sin Tzu src
Born in Southeast Asia, and abandoned as a child, Sin Tzu was adopted by an offshoot of the Indian Thuggee cult, and trained in their philosophy and combat skills. Once, when the cultists were being pursued by the police, the cult hid out in the caves of Chulan, which housed scrolls containing the military and mystic knowledge of ancient warlords. Studying these, Sin developed mastery of both strategy and the ancient practice of Mehta-Sua - a discipline allowing the channeling of mental energy to enhance one's own physical power and allowing one to control other people's minds.
With this power, Sin built an army of dedicated soldiers from collections of scattered thugs, and embarked on an ambitious career as a warlord. Often acting through puppet politicians, he conquered the country of Cynna, and marched the entire population into "re-education" camps; he likewise conducted a brutal invasion of Unglong, and enslaved thousands of the country's people; finally, he conquered large swaths of Vet Nak.
Once his conquests were completed, Sin Tzu would usually move on. He was first and foremost a warrior, not a ruler, and cared little for the chaos that enveloped his conquered subjects after he left.
Hearing tales of Gotham City's Dark Knight, he formed a plan to defeat him. Arranging to be "caught" and imprisoned in Arkham Asylum, Sin engineered a mass break-out from Stonegate Penitentiary, creating chaos on the streets of Gotham, and releasing what he planned to be the recruits for his new army. At the same time, he took over Arkham and enlisted the aid of several of Batman's rogues: Scarecrow, Clayface, and Bane.
Batman, Batgirl, Nightwing, and Robin battled their way into Arkham, and Batman engaged Sin in single combat. The fight was one of the most challenging Batman ever faced, but he emerged triumphant. Sin escaped, vowing that he would be back.
- Mind Control: His mastery of Mehta-Sua, which allows the channeling of mental energy to enhance one's own physical power and allowing one to control other people's minds.
- Tactical Analysis: A master strategist, who always studies his adversary closely and devises a carefully thought-out plan before acting.
- Martial Arts: One of the world's deadliest martial artists, having undergone a training regimen to rival Batman's.
- This character appeared only in the Batman: Rise Of Sin Tzu videogame and novelization.
- Sin Tzu was voiced by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.
- 1 Appearances of Sin Tzu (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Sin Tzu (DCAU)
- 1 Quotations by or about Sin Tzu (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Sin Tzu (DCAU)