Siphon was a highly qualified scientist, who started working as a research assistant at S.T.A.R. Labs. During this time, he learned that Superman's powers could be drained by altering his atomic structure and he created a device that will help him steal his powers and use it on himself. His experiment was partially successful, as he managed to alter Superman'a atomic structure, but transformed him into a rampaging creature.
With help from Batman, Siphon managed to escape Superman's wrath and they created a new device that would restore Superman. Using his knowledge, Siphon adapted the device so that it would also transfer Superman's powers to him and he gained some of the powers of the Man of Steel. However, Siphon was easily defeated since he couldn't control the powers of Superman and the heroes then used his own device to drain all the powers from him, reverting him back to a normal human.
- This version of Siphon (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Siphon (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Siphon (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Siphon (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Siphon (Earth-One)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."