Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Skeeter was the nickname given to a fiery, red-haired female vampire. Born in 1954, She was one of five such young women transformed into a creature of the night by a vampire biker named David. David maintained a practice wherein none of his brood were allowed to eat until his own bloodlust had been sated first. As such, his "vamps" shared the degrading duty of finding fresh victims for him. They were forced to satisfy their own needs from their master's cast off leftovers. In 1994, Skeeter and her blood-sisters decided to fight back. After watching their master reeling blood-drunk after a feeding in North Carolina, the five vamps pounced upon him. They tied his limbs to the back of their motorcycles, then drove in opposite directions away, quartering him. The group then used the discarded motorcycles of their human victims and traveled west towards Texas. Upon arriving in the Lone Star State, they forged false identities for themselves and began hunting at local biker bars. After consuming the blood of a Native American man in the middle of the desert, Skeeter and the others rode off for Las Vegas. At a casino on the Vegas strip, Skeeter seduced a blackjack dealer and took him to one of the hotel rooms where she fed on him.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: Vampires have improved several times higher than those of any human being of course these skills can vary depending on each person they will have some other stronger senses of his companions always given the dedication and training that each set to improve ways. Among the main ways that vampires have improved we find the following:
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Only vampires with a more advanced powers Control demonstrate the ability of altering either its appearance to imitate other people or in such cases selective transformation for creating claws to increase the lethality of its attacks in extreme cases and only vampires with a capacity of very advanced monitoring capabilities such change would show how elements, elasticity and other capabilities which vary depending on their ability, imagination and control, because as you know some vampires are stronger than others.
- Charisma: Of all the Vamps, Skeeter was the life of the party. She always maintained a playful demeanor, and was not above using her sexuality and provocative wardrobe to lure prey to their doom. Skeeter's personality was more fun-loving than seductive and she preferred to leave the more overt sexual hallmarks to her fellow vamp Mink.
- Singing: Less a skill and more of a hobby, Skeeter enjoyed loudly singing old cowboy songs while riding on her motorcycle. The other vamps, particularly Whipsnake, did not develop an appreciation for Skeeter's singing talents (or lack thereof).
- Driving: Skeeter possessed proficient driving skills, in particular, Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Skeeter suffers from all of the same vulnerabilities common to most vampires. She requires the consumption of human blood to survive. Without it, her body cannot function and will quickly deteriorate. On the converse, a surplus of blood will also cause an averse reaction. Commonly referred to as being "blood drunk", a vampire who feeds on too much blood will will descend into a state of vampiric frenzy, causing them to lash out, acting on nothing but pure, primal instinct. Skeeter cannot survive in direct sunlight, and prolonged exposure to sunlight will cause her physical body to quickly disintegrate. Articles of faith, and those who with strong belief in their faith can repel a vampire. Vampires cannot cross holy ground, or make physical contact with religious artifacts (again, the severity of this caveat is dependent upon the strength of faith of those who wield such items). A vampire's vulnerability against spiritual symbols encompasses all faiths, including those of various cultures such as Native American tribal lore. Skeeter's corporeal form no longer casts a reflection. The only time she can see her reflection is when she stares into the eyes of a potential victim right before feeding.
- Skeeter is not to be confused with Ellie Mae Skaggs, another vampire who also operated out of the Carolinas, and who once fought Batman and Superman. She too used the nickname "Skeeter".
- 15 Appearances of Skeeter (Vamps)
- 3 Images featuring Skeeter (Vamps)
- 1 Quotations by or about Skeeter (Vamps)
- Character Gallery: Skeeter (Vamps)
This character exists under the Vertigo Imprint which is intended for Mature Readers. Vertigo titles although they may cross over into regular DC continuity.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Vertigo Characters."