- Oh, Bruce. If only I could divulge my true face to you. How shocked you would be to learn that I'm actually someone you know quite well... someone who's been close to you for years. Sadly, revealing my identity will have to wait for the moment I finally kill you with my bare hands. But don't fear, that day is coming soon...
- -- The Skeleton src
The Skeleton is someone who has known Bruce Wayne for years, and plans to exact his/her revenge on him.
- With the use of unknown equipment, the Skeleton is able to physically transform himself/herself into any villain he/she pleases, and by studying patient records can also duplicate their every move and think their very thoughts.
- Unknown equipment to aid in physical transformations
- Patient records of Gotham's most notorious villains
- It remains unknown as to whether the Skeleton is male or female.
- In the narrative for Skullduggery, the Skeleton claims "it was easy for someone in my position" (implying that he/she is someone well-known and well-respected in Gotham City) to get hold of the patient records for the villains he/she poses as in the story — namely the Joker, the Riddler and Mr. Freeze. The Skeleton is also shown to have files for Two-Face and the Scarecrow.
- In his introduction for the graphic novel Batman: False Faces, in which Skullduggery is published, Brian K. Vaughan said that he would maybe unmask the Skeleton to "the first person who finds the obscenely juvenile punchline that I hid somewhere in the story". At the time of writing, it remains unclear as to whether the 'prize' has ever actually been claimed!
- 1 Appearances of Skeleton (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Skeleton (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Skeleton (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Skeleton (New Earth)