This is an in-universe article with out-of-universe material.
|Real Name||Slade Joseph Wilson|
|Relatives||Rose Wilson (daughter)|
|Base Of Operations||Jump City|
|Creators||Rob Hoegee, Michael Chang|
Slade is an evil, tyranical criminal mastermind who preys off the citizens of Jump City. Slade has clashed with the city's protectors, the Teen Titans, many times leading to the consideration that he is their main adversary. His main goal is to conquer the city and quite possibly the world. He has had two secret bases, which were both destroyed. He also seems to have a massive army of robotic commandos and incredible strength. Enough to leave a dent in solid steel, with one hit.
In many episodes in Season One and Season Two, he tries to recruit others to his side. He initially hires Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth from the H.I.V.E. Academy, but the Titans succeed in beating the three graduates. Slade then tries to trick Thunder and Lightning, two teenage storm elementals, into destroying Jump City, but that too failed when Beast Boy helped the brothers to see the error of their ways. In the "Apprentice" story arc, Slade forced Robin to join him, with the threat that if he did not, Slade would use nanobots he planted in the Titans to destroy them from the inside out, therefore killing them. Robin eventually overcame Slade with his friends' help.
In Season Two, Slade recruited the super heroine Terra, who in the animated series is portrayed as more of a lost soul than an irredeemable psychopath. In "Aftershock" Parts One and Two, Terra betrayed the Titans to Slade, who took over the city with her help. The Titans returned however, and with Beast Boy's help, Terra overcame the link her new suit had to Slade, and she sent him to his doom in a lava pit while she turned to stone.
Being apparently dead, Slade was absent for the most part in the third season. He did appear in the season 3 episode, "Haunted". But in this episode, he is a figment of Robin's imagination, due to a dust released from his mask onto Robin, which made him see, hear, and feel Slade. This almost killed Robin, but Robin saved his own life by turning on the lights (thus banishing the Slade hallucination).
He then unexplainably returned in full for Season Four, as the servant of Raven's demonic father Trigon. Slade now had fire powers and a red mark on his forehead, called the Mark of Scath. He delivered Trigon's message to Raven, that she would cause the end of the world on her birthday. In the episode "The End Part 2", it is explained that Slade's defeat at Terra's hands had indeed killed him, and that Trigon had promised to give him back his flesh in exchange for his services. However, Trigon went back on the deal, and Slade decided to join forces with the Teen Titans. While Cyborg, Starfire, and Beast Boy tried to distract Trigon, Robin and Slade went to find Raven (who had been transformed into a child version of herself) in the underworld. Upon returning to the surface with Raven, the Titans assaulted Trigon in a somewhat vain effort to defeat him. Nevertheless, they managed to hurt him, as did Slade, who recovered his flesh and stole the demonic weapon of one of Trigon's minions. Raven finally defeated her father and restored the world to normal, but Slade escaped the Titans shortly thereafter, with a solemn promise from Robin that nothing has changed, and he will make that clear if he sees him again.
"Slade" did make his final appearance in the final episode of Teen Titans when Beast Boy attempted to reconcile with Terra. Slade ordered Beast Boy to leave her alone and that she chooses not to remember her past. Beast Boy, enraged, attacked Slade and seemingly killed him but like previous times, this was one of Slade's robot duplicates.
Slade makes a cameo when the Titans are attempting to unmask their long time villain Red X. However, the Red X they caught was simply a comical decoy. One of the masks they pulled off the dumby was Slade's mask, which, in response, greeted Robin.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Pyrokinesis (formerly): When Slade made his deal with Trigon, the demon granted Slade the power to shoot streams of fire from his hands. However, when Trigon went back on his deal and did not give Slade his skin back, Slade broke into Trigon's underworld and got his skin back himself. After breaking their deal, Slade loses his powers to control fire.
- Master Combatant: Slade is likely one of the most experienced martial combatants in the world. Even Robin has never been able to decisively defeat him in unarmed combat.
- Criminal Mastermind: Slade is a criminal genius and is always thinking two steps ahead.
- Mechanically Adept: Although unknown if he built his robotic army by himself, Slade has shown impressive gadgetry skills.
- This version of Slade is exclusive to the continuity of the Teen Titans animated series and the Teen Titans Go! comic book adaptation. Slade was voiced by Ron Perlman.
- 30 Appearances of Slade Wilson (Earth-Teen Titans)
- 7 Images featuring Slade Wilson (Earth-Teen Titans)
- 7 Quotations by or about Slade Wilson (Earth-Teen Titans)
- Character Gallery: Slade Wilson (Earth-Teen Titans)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Teen Titans, the Titans, or any of the other various Titans incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Titans Villains" category.