Slyxx was a Daemonite scientist and among those of his crew in their flying saucer that crashed landed on Earth in Nevada's Blackrock Desert in 1945. Slyxx was captured by the arriving United States military and was compensated in working for them in reverse-engineering the Daemonite spaceship's technology for the Number of the Beast (NOTB) program, under the command of General Zebulon McCandless. Slyxx is possibly the only survivor of his ship as his surviving and escaped crew mates were killed off by the cowboy adventurer, Johnny Ray-Gun.
Sixty-three years later, when the NOTB program was compromised by The High, Slyxx was summoned to Washington, D.C.'s Pentagon by General William Somerset, the current overseer of the program, as to why the reversed-engineered alien technology didn't prevented the contained metahumans from acknowledging their virtual reality imprisonment. Slyxx explained that the technology was not meant to be used as a "prison" and that the number of 'subjects' caused the program's compromise. After Somerset had launched the weaponized clones of The High known as the Reapers and were driven insane from their original programming, Slyxx explained to The High, who arrived to the Pentagon to stop his clones, that the Reapers were fully intended to destroy the world's metahumans by creating a post-apocalyptic cataclysm. After The High left to stop the Reapers, Slyxx killed all of Somerset's staffs and utilized the Pentagon's computers, stating to a surprised Somerset that he had left a message to the Daemonite command-creche with the words, "mission accomplished." Slyxx's message definitely stated that the Daemonites had planned Earth's cataclysm from the very beginning of the NOTB program.
During an indefinite time following after Armageddon, Slyxx was forcefully recruited by Lord Defile into help creating a hybrid army of Daemonites infused with vampire genes to be used against the Daemon High Council, who intended on invading Earth at a specific date. Wetworks members Jester and Grail were captured and brought to Slyxx to be used as hosts for the hybrids. While examining the Wetworks agents, Slyxx noticed they had tracking devices on their persons and decided to keep this a secret from Defile in order for Wetworks to confront Defile and liberate himself in the process. Although Wetworks founded Defile and his Cabal, Slyxx was still under Defile's captivity after the Cabal retreated.
- Daemonite Physiology: The following represents the potential alien abilities available to the average Daemonite while operating on Earth. Even if demonstration of such abilities has not been explicitly shown in a canonical resource. The higher the status of the Daemonite the stronger their abilities are. Training and practice of their abilities allow them to break the cap of their abilities. Variations of these powers may apply depending upon the wielder in question.
- Accelerated Healing: If a Daemonite is ever harmed it can heal indefinitely while it's brain still survives. Daemonites have been seen losing their limbs, internal organs and portions of their brains while still surviving. It also seems that Daemonites heal more quickly while resting within a host body.
- Chronokinesis Most Daemonites possess a degree of time manipulation however the exact limits of this ability are unknown.
- Claws: Daemonites have long, dangerous claws on each hand and foot which they use within combat and to help break the mental barrier of their host bodies. They can also expose these claws while within their host body to allow for stronger attacks.
- Fangs: Daemonites have long, dangerous fangs in their mouths which they use to rend and tear at targets. Their fangs can help them breach the mental barriers of their hosts. Some Daemonites use long tendrils instead of fangs for the same effects.
- Immortality: Daemonites have survived for countless years within and without a host body. It is assumed by scientists and enemies of the Daemonites that they are immortal; however, this may only be the case in mental form. As such Daemonites can in fact live forever if only while within a host body. Without a body it can still survive at least a million years.
- Metamorphosis: Only the strongest of Daemonites can shape-shift. Only the strongest of those Daemonites can change into inorganic material. A Daemonite can shape-shift even while possessing a host body but they'll normally revert quite quickly. Only one Daemonite has been seen shifting his body parts into inorganic material but the possibility remains for all Daemonites.
- Phasing: Daemonites have a degree of intangibility allowing them to phase through solid objects as they do when they take possession of a host body. They can continue to phase even while within their host body. Their phasing isn't automatic and they must concentrate to hold their form.
- Possession: Daemonites are parasitic beings that not only take complete control over another being's body but inhabits their mind as well. They feed on the nutrients and physiology of the host body until the body is destroyed or the Daemonite abandons it. Normally, possession causes no harm to the physical body but the process changes frequently. The stronger the Daemonite the easier the transition. Occasionally, the Daemonite can leave the host body violently and destroy the body.
- Superhuman Durability: A Daemonite's body is more durable than that of a human while on Earth. While some Daemonites cannot survive a bullet to the head which removes their brain functions others can take multiple bullets to their body without harm. Physical training can increase a Daemonite's durability.
- Superhuman Speed: A Daemonite's body is faster than that of a human while on Earth. Either while within a human host or not they exhibit incredible amounts of speed which can carry them to speeds that match that of most street cars while their physical capabilities of speed while in combat also increase past human levels.
This also confers:
- Superhuman Strength: A Daemonite's body is stronger than that of a human while on Earth. When a Daemonite must they will resort to physical combat and exhibit their strength enough to roll over cars or rip off a door to a plane. A Daemonite's strength is determined by their physical capability and some Daemonites may not be as strong as others.
- Telepathy: Daemonites are not only physical beings that take possession of host bodies but they manipulate the mental effects of the beings as well. Not limited to only understanding the thoughts of each other or their hosts they can extend this ability to a wide range and even track targets by their mental signature. Most Daemonites are connected by a central mind which they do not need to focus to maintain.
- 4 Appearances of Slyxx (Wildstorm Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Slyxx (Wildstorm Universe)
- Quotations by or about Slyxx (Wildstorm Universe)
- Character Gallery: Slyxx (Wildstorm Universe)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for: