"Argo": After escaping the EarthGov's holding facility, Clark and Kara hug and catch up with each other. After poking fun at Clark for not noticing her cousin had gone missing, she explains -visibly peeved- why she disappeared: Jor-El's A. I. ordered her to leave Earth so Clark could "assume his
- I just wish I hadn't been taken advantage of. Again. I am so over being a soldier, you know? I follow orders. It's what I do. And I kind of hate it.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Argo"
- Booster Gold (Michael Jon Carter) (Flashback and main story)
- Skeets (Flashback and main story)
- Legion of Superheroes
- Supergirl (Kara Kent) (Flashback and main story)
- Cosmic Boy (Rokk Krinn)
- Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen)
- Brainiac 5 (Flashback and main story)
- Star Boy (Thom Kallor) (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Dawnstar (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Sun Boy (Dirk Morgna) (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Wildfire (Drake Burroughs) (First appearance) (Flashback only)
- Lightning Lad (Garth Ranzz) (Mentioned only)
- Chancellor Pa-Vel (First appearance)
- Eradicator Beh-Osk (First appearance)
- Faora (Flashback only)
- Jonathan Kent (Flashback only)
- Zod (Flashback only)
- Davis Bloome (Flashback only)
- Jor-El (Mentioned only)
- 31st Century
- EarthGov Holding Facility
- EarthGov Lab. Section 31
- Legion Safe House
- The Hall of Scion (First appearance)
- 21st Century (Flashback only)
- Legion Flight Ring (Flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Argo"
After escaping the EarthGov's holding facility, Clark and Kara hug and catch up with each other. After poking fun at Clark for not noticing her cousin had gone missing, she explains -visibly peeved- why she disappeared: Jor-El's A. I. ordered her to leave Earth so Clark could "assume his destiny". When she landed in the future, she was welcomed into the Legion. Later they found the lost Argo colony, and the super-team launched a diplomatic mission. Though someone from EarthGov sabotaged it, and war broke out.
Then Kara reveals she is a spy for Argo and allowed herself be captured to gather intel. Both cousins streak towards New Krypton, Kara in the lead.
On Argo, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy are looking for several EarthGov agents sent to plant a bomb. Both Legionnaires find and stop the terrorists and disarm their bomb. Unfortunately they have to deal with hostile Kryptonian authorities.
Before they are taken into custody, Superman and Supergirl arrive at the scene. The Argonians recognize Kal-El and kneel before him right away. Clark cannot help but feeling shocked and uncomfortable.
Clark heads to talk with one of the Argonian chancellors as Kara stays with her Legion teammates. Superman learns he is considered a hero on Argo, the one liberated their forbears from the tyranny of Zod and gave the Kryptonian race a second chance by sending them to a new world.
He also discovers why New Krypton declared war on Earth. They worship Faora, Zod's partner. She was pregnant with Zod's child before he killed her. Argoans think that unborn child is a keystone for their future.
Faora's tomb is on Earth, and the Argoans want the body returned. For some reason, the EarthGov won't tell the Kryptonians where it's located nor will they turn the body over.
Meanwhile, Saturn Girl telepathically tells Brainiac 5 they will need to recall all Legionnaires "from all corners of space and time" to stop the war, so he is to activate Legion Protocol Six. Brainiac nods, realizing that is how Superman was brought from the past.
As Saturn Girl confers with Brainiac, Cosmic Boy and Supergirl banter playfully for a while. Their conversation takes a serious turn when Rokk asks Kara tell them what she learnt as spying for New Krypton in order to stop the war.
Just then Superman rejoins them and fills them in. Supergirl is surprised. The Argoan leaders only told her to locate coordinates, keeping her in the dark as to why. Realizing she has been taken advantage of again, she gets angry.
Regardless, both Superman and Supergirl think Argo's claims on Faora's body are rightful and they head back to Earth. As they approach the site, they have a heart-to-heart talk. Kara is sick of being a soldier and following orders. And Clark understands her. He also became fed up with being told what his "destiny" was.
Their conversation is interrupted when they are shot by two Earth warships. Working in tandem, both Kryptonian heroes make short work of their assailants and explore Faora's tomb.
Upon finding her body they discover someone has taken DNA samples from her unborn child. Clark and Kara realize that is why EarthGov refused to turn the body over, and they wonder why EarthGov wants a genetic sample of Zod and Faora's child.
Meanwhile, in an EarthGov lab, Minister Niedrigh's men have used said DNA sample to successfully recreate Doomsday.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Smallville Season 11 Vol 1 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Smallville Season 11 series
- Images from Smallville Season 11 Vol 1 14
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
- Legion Lost (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion Worlds (Volume 1)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- The Legion (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Supergirl Comic Box Commentary Review
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman Wiki
- Superman Homepage
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Legion of Super-Heroes at Wikipedia.org
- Legion of Super-Heroes Wiki
- Legion of Super-Heroes Online Companion
- Legion of Super-Heroes Reference File
- Major Spoiler's Hero History Collection
- Legion of Super-Heroes Clubhouse
- Legion of Super-Heroes index at Cosmic Teams
- Legion of Super-Heroes at TV Tropes
- Legion of Super-Links