"Argo": The Legionnaires have come together to prevent a conflict that could tear the whole solar system apart. Cosmic Boy rallies his team, reminding them Legion's sworn duty: preserve life at all costs.
- It's the first time since before my parents put me on that ship that I've felt... at peace. The only "mission" I have now is my own.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Argo"
- Cosmic Boy (Rokk Krinn)
- Lightning Lad (Garth Ranzz)
- Saturn Girl (Imra Ardeen)
- Supergirl (Kara Kent)
- Brainiac 5
- Star Boy (Thom Kallor)
- Sun Boy (Dirk Morgna)
- Wildfire (Drake Burroughs)
- Invisible Kid (Jacques Foccart) (First appearance)
- Ultra Boy (Jo Nah) (First appearance)
- Bouncing Boy (Chuck Taine) (First appearance)
- Dream Girl (Nura Nal) (First appearance)
- Element Lad (Jan Arrah) (First appearance)
- Chameleon Boy (Reep Daggle) (First appearance)
- Shrinking Violet (Salu Digby) (First appearance)
- Phantom Girl (Tinya Wazzo) (First appearance)
- Ferrro Lad (Andrew Nolan) (First appearance)
- Duplicate Girl (Luornu Durgo) (First appearance)
- Timber Wolf (Brin Londo) (First appearance)
- Princess Projectra (Projectra Wind'zzor) (First appearance)
- Eradicator Beh-Osk
- Chancellor Pa-Vel
- Bart Allen (Cameo)
- Meloni Allen (First appearance)
- Dockmaster Reynolds (Voice only)
- Davis Bloome (Flashback only)
- Chloe Sullivan-Queen (Mentioned only)
- General Zod (Mentioned only)
- Jonathan Kent (Mentioned only)
- Martha Kent (Mentioned only)
- Lois Lane (Mentioned only)
- Checkmate (Mentioned only)
- 31st Century
Synopsis for "Argo"
The Legionnaires have come together to prevent a conflict that could tear the whole solar system apart. Cosmic Boy rallies his team, reminding them Legion's sworn duty: preserve life at all costs.
Meanwhile, both parties are preparing for annihilating each other. The terrorists caught by Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy planted on New Krypton a boom-tube generator. And the Argoan Ministry of Conflict is getting ready a gravity bomb for launch.
In the Faora's burial site, Kara is incensed by the defilement of that tomb. Superman and Supergirl have a short fight until Clark manages to calm his cousin down. After the fight is over, as they reassure each other, they learn the inter-planetary crisis has gotten worse. Minister Niedrigh has sent a Doomsday clone to New Krypton. In retaliation, New Krypton has launched a gravity bomb aimed for Metropolis.
Superman and Supergirl quickly meet up with their fellow Legionnaires and the team devises a strategy: Superman and Saturn Girl will fight Doomsday, and Supergirl will lead the remainder Legionnaires to stop the gravity bomb.
Superman engages Doomsday. As they brawl brutally, Saturn Girl links Clark to the people of New Krypton, and he urges them to fight alongside him. The Argoans mass-attack Doomsday, but the monster is too powerful and repels their onslaught. Superman decides that he will pick Doomsday and fly him to the Sun. He's warned that not even he can escape the Sun's gravity. Superman answers he is aware.
Back on Earth, the Legion fails and the bomb levels Metropolis. Supergirl leads the Legion to rescue everybody they can. EarthGov deploys a fleet of ships to help them. The Legionnaires aren't inclined to trust them, but Kara replies "there's been enough destruction for a few lifetimes", and tells her team work with them for the present time.
Kara is called by Chancellor Pa-Vel. She starts to call him out on his actions but he cuts her off to tell her what her cousin is about to do.
Superman manages to throw Doomsday into the Sun. As he falls into the star with Doomsday, he asks Saturn Girl via telepathy to tell Lois and make sure that Kara finds her place. However he is pulled to safety by his cousin and the Legion.
Having saved the day, Superman and Supergirl link hands as they and their teammates fly back to Earth.
Later, Earth and New Krypton have agreed to a truce. Peace talks are ongoing. EarthGov has disavowed Minister Niedrigh and both planets will help each other rebuild.
Clark knows it's time to leave. Brainiac gives him back his Legion Ring and he goes to meet his cousin. Kara isn't ready to leave the future quite yet, though. For first time since she was sent to Earth, she is free to decide what she wants her mission to be. And she couldn't be happier about it.
- At some point between the events of this story arc and Smallville Season 11: Alien Vol 1 Supergirl goes back to the present time to stay with her cousin for good, and joins the Justice League.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Smallville Season 11 Vol 1 15 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Smallville Season 11 series
- Images from Smallville Season 11 Vol 1 15
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
- Legion Lost (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion Worlds (Volume 1)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- The Legion (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Supergirl Comic Box Commentary Review
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Supergirl at Wikipedia.org
- Legion of Super-Heroes at Wikipedia.org