"The Ray: "Ancient Greece Speaks"": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
Appearing in The Ray: "Ancient Greece Speaks"
Synopsis for The Ray: "Ancient Greece Speaks"
- Synopsis not yet written.
Appearing in Wildfire: "The Murderous Frog of the Mardi Gras"
- The Frog (Apparent Death)
Synopsis for Wildfire: "The Murderous Frog of the Mardi Gras"
After getting booted out of the Army, for cowardice and theft, Froggy Miller adopts a frog-themed costume and embarks on a life of crime, striking first during the Mardi Gras Parade in New Orleans. He murders Mr. Meredith, the local Veteran’s Legion Post Commander, with an oversized, needle-sharp, barbed, frog-gigging stick, thrown with deadly accuracy. Wildfire is at the parade, and flies in pursuit of Froggy, whose weapons are useless against her flame shield. She corners him in a hotel hallway but there is a firehose mounted on the wall, and Froggy buys himself a few seconds by hosing her down, then fleeing down a stairway. On the way he encounters three cops, leaps into them, and steals a pistol from one, then he’s gone. One Legionnaire from the parade thinks he knows who it was, and names Froggy Miller.
That night Wildfire stakes out the hotel where most of the Veteran’s Legion members are staying, and she spots Froggy sneaking down a hallway, but Froggy’s henchmen have also arrived, and it turns out that stealth and chloroform are effective against Wildfire. While Froggy commits a series of murders upstairs (five of them), in the basement, Froggy’s henchmorons decide to kill Wildfire by tossing her into a furnace. That backfires on them, and they receive a beating from Wildfire, who then flies upstairs and catches Froggy in the middle of murder attempt number (at least) six, beats him up, and leaves him for the police, pinned to the wall with his own eccentric weapon.
Appearing in Midnight: "War Over Iceland!!!"
- Doc Wackey
- Gabby the monkey
- Nazi Party
- Hienrich (Dies)
- von Kamp (Dies)
- Hans (Dies)
Synopsis for Midnight: "War Over Iceland!!!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This issue's Wildfire story, set during Mardi Gras, takes place on Shrove Tuesday, 17 February 1942.
- Froggy Miller might or might not be alive at the end of the story. The final panel is ambiguous; Froggy might be pinned by his costume, or he might be dead.
- This issue of Smash Comics also featured:
- Espionage Starring Black X: "Arizona"
- Bozo the Robot: (Defense Plant Explosion)
- Wings Wendall: (Red Menace Is Alive!)
- Invisible Justice: "Waxman"
- Purple Trio: (The Botanical Gardens)
- The Jester: (The Body Snatcher)
- Rookie Rankin: (No Title)
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Smash Comics Vol 1 32 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Smash Comics series
- "The Murderous Frog of Mardi Gras" and "War Over Iceland!!!" are both reprinted in The Quality Companion (TwoMorrows Publishing, 2011).
Links and References