Sophia Santos was an Italian terrorist who started a criminal campaing in Gotham City under the masked identity of Thanatos. She also used her civilian alias of Lina Muller, a gorgeous reporter, to attract some of Gotham's wealthiest men. Bruce Wayne became one of her targets and she took him to the Gotham Isle, where Bruce was forced to gamble thanks to a machine created by Amos Fortune. Unfortunately for Santos, Bruce realized there was something wrong with his own behaviour and after capturing Amos, he investigated "Lina" and found her true identity while also deduced her gambling addiction.
Batman lured Thanatos to a trap on Gotham Isle, where she was defeated and her gang captured. The Gotham City Police Department arrived soon enough to capture her and put an end to her criminal career.
- This version of Sophia Santos (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Sophia Santos (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Sophia Santos (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Sophia Santos (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Sophia Santos (Earth-One)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."