Sorn-El was a native of the planet Krypton and a respected member of the House of El. During Krypton's pre-industrial era, Sorn-el labored as an agriculturalist whose keen intellect developed a new strain of grain which aided in eradicating planet-wide food shortages.
Sorn-El possessed no superhuman powers while living under a red sun. Had he existed on a world revolving around a yellow sun, he would have developed physical attributes equitable to that of Superman.
- This version of Sorn-El (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Sorn-El is a direct paternal ancestor of the super-hero known as Superman.
- Sorn-El's final fate has never been revealed, but it is reasonable to assume that he passed away of natural causes long before the ultimate destruction of Krypton.
- 1 Appearances of Sorn-El (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Sorn-El (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Sorn-El (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Sorn-El (Earth-One)