In order to follow the Naming Conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to Space Cabbie (New Earth). Discuss this and other proposed moves. Do not make any changes yourself; it will be moved by an admin and/or bot.
Click here for a complete list of articles to be moved.
- Think you own the road or something, friend? I see punks like you all the time on this job! I'm not afraid of your stares and glares!
- -- Space Cabbie src
Very little is known about the Space Cabbie's early life, including his true name. What is known, however, is that he was born sometime in the early 21st Century and orphaned at a young age. He was taken in and raised by the militaristic rulers of a planet called Ghengkis VII. During his youth, the Cabbie found that he had a natural affinity for flying and quickly developed skills in piloting and navigation. By the time he was an adult, he was an expert with flying nearly any make or model of interstellar ship.
In the year 2146, the Space Cabbie was involved in a conflict known as the Bored Wars, where he purportedly shot down a record number of opposing fighter craft over the course of three days. The war was bloody but short, and soon after, the Space Cabbie was released from active service.
Over the next decade, the Space Cabbie traveled the universe working at a variety of odd jobs ranging from menial labor to mercenary soldier of fortune. During this time, he encountered scores of alien races and began to slowly establish a network of contacts across the cosmos.
In 2154, the Cabbie came into possession of a space taxi that he acquired from a showroom on Rieger III. Referring to himself as an interstellar multi-Species transportation expert, the Cabbie began running fares across the cosmos in cab #7433, which he affectionately referred to as his "old jalopy". Invariably, his trips would bring him into the thick of a dangerous adventure.
When not ferrying customers across the universe, the Space Cabbie can usually be found loitering about any number of hack stands near the rings of Saturn.
- Driving: The Space Cabbie is an expert at piloting and aerial navigation. He specializes in his ability to find the quickest route to his destination regardless of traffic congestion.
- Multilingualism: Throughout his career, the Space Cabbie has picked up fares from dozens of alien worlds and as such, has developed knowledge of a myriad of languages and cultures.
- Storytelling: He constantly tell stories to his clients based on facts (or not) from his own past. Most likely such stories tend to exaggeration.
The Space Cabbie is untrained in hand-to-hand combat and will usually avoid any incidents where physical violence is involved.
- Space Cab: The Space Cabiey drives a small space-worthy conveyance, which he refers to as his "Old Jalopy". His space cab was capable of operation in both outer space as well as atmospheric environments.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Space Cabbie is one of the few interstellar characters who has actually befriended Lobo and lived to tell the tale. 
- 36 Appearances of Space Cabby (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Space Cabby (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Space Cabby (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Space Cabby (New Earth)
- Space Cabbie at dccomics.com
- Space Cabbie at Wikipedia.org
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #21