Composed of stitched-together corpses, the monster often referred to as just "Frankenstein" turned against its creator but Doctor von Frankenstein tracked it as far as the Arctic, where it seemingly perished.
In 1942, Kalla of the Dzyan crossed paths with the Spawn of Frankenstein in the Arctic. It revealed to her that it had lived there since 1797. At that time, it preferred to be known as Victor Frankenstein II.
Decades later, the monster was resurrected by Doctor Victor Adams. Killing Adams, it knocked Marie Thirteen into a coma. Her husband, Doctor Thirteen, teamed with the Phantom Stranger to track it down. It remained at large.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- The Spawn of Frankenstein did survive the Crisis, as shown by its appearances in Young All-Stars #18-19. However, it was later seemingly replaced in continuity by Frankenstein. This is presumably a consequence of the reality-altering Zero Hour. It is unclear whether any of the Spawn of Frankenstein's adventures still happened, but enacted by Frankenstein instead.
- This character is an adaptation of Frankenstein's Monster, a character from the novel Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley published in 1818. More information can be found in the Wikipedia.org article Frankenstein.
- 14 Appearances of Spawn of Frankenstein (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Spawn of Frankenstein (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Spawn of Frankenstein (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Spawn of Frankenstein (New Earth)