"Crimes of Violence": Jim Corrigan enters Siegel-Bailey General Hospital in New York City. He begins to talk with an old man named Louis Snipe, but a social worker named Amy Beitermann interrupts Corrigan's
- "Confront Evil." That's what they told me. For fifty years, that's what I've done. And the world is no better. The world has become more perverse on its choice of evils. And I don't even know why.
- -- Jim Corrigan
Appearing in "Crimes of Violence"
- Louis Snipe (Flashback and main story) (Dies)
- The Reaver (Danny Geller) (First appearance)
- Joey (drive-by shooter) (Dies)
- Sally (Dies)
- Mr. Trofft
- New York City
- Siegel-Bailey General Hospital
Synopsis for "Crimes of Violence"
As Corrigan is leaving the hospital, a group of thugs commit a drive-by shooting. Several bystanders are shot. While inside the hospital, Amy looks out the window and notices the bullets pass through Corrigan harmlessly. The Spectre takes over Corrigan's body and goes after the shooters, killing them.
Amy goes outside and meets up with Inspector Nate Kane. She asks Kane if he knows anything about Corrigan.
Later, the Spectre goes back to the hospital and enters the soul of Louis Snipe, the old man Corrigan was interrogating earlier. He re-lives the day he was murdered and learns that Snipe was involved. The two then fight inside of Snipe's soul, and the Spectre reveals that Snipe is empty inside. When the Spectre leaves Snipe's soul, the old man dies.
Elsewhere, a man named Danny Geller leaves his work and brings flowers to his new date, but he then murders her with a knife.
- Reprinted in Spectre: Crimes and Punishments.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Spectre Vol 3 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Spectre series
Links and References
- No external links.