The Sportsman was a member of the Injustice Guild who operated as a criminal, fighting against the Justice Guild. Presumably he along with his fellow Injustice Guild members have died during a missile attack that devastated Seaboard City in 1962. Ray Thompson, a child who idolized the Justice Guild and was turned into a mutant who could mentally create virtual-reality constructs, recreated Sportsman as well as the rest of the Injustice Guild team while trapping the living citizens of Seaboard City in this virtual-reality recreation for 40 years, preventing them from aging. When the Justice League team appeared from their reality into that which the Justice Guild inhabited, the Injustice Guild members focused their efforts on destroying both teams of heroes. During a crime spree where Sportsman stole the Clay Court Tennis Championship trophy, he kept both Catman and J'onn J'onnz at bay with an explosive badminton birdie. The Injustice Guild later robbed the Seaboard City Mint and took off with their gains on board a blimp, with the Flash and Black Siren tied to the side of the blimp and held hostage. However, the Justice League and the Justice Guild were successful in rescuing their captured companions and bringing the Injustice Guild members to justice. Sportsman along with the rest of the Injustice Guild vanished when the Justice Guild defeated Ray Thompson, thus restoring Seaboard City to its original devastated appearance.
- The Sportsman is based on the Golden Age villain Sportsmaster, but uses the name of the more recent villain Sportsman, thus making him the only member of the Injustice Guild to share the name of an actual villain from DC comics.
- The character was voiced by Michael McKean.
- 2 Appearances of Sportsman (DCAU: Legends)
- 2 Images featuring Sportsman (DCAU: Legends)
- Quotations by or about Sportsman (DCAU: Legends)
- Character Gallery: Sportsman (DCAU: Legends)