Spotswood Hartley was a socialite who became the notorious crime leader known only as "The Kingpin". Hartley ran the criminal rackets in Gotham City and he never revealed his identity to his henchmen. As the police and Batman investigated his activities, Hartley found the perfect scapegoat on fellow socialite Bruce Wayne. Hartley placed evidence that would point towards Wayne as the Kingpin, but when Batman became involved, his plan was discovered and Hartley was finally captured.
- This version of Kingpin, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Spotswood Hartley (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Spotswood Hartley (Earth-Two)
- 1 Quotations by or about Spotswood Hartley (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Spotswood Hartley (Earth-Two)
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."