Stamar was once the benevolent king of all Atlantis. Near the end of his reign, an ambitious Atlantean named Pomoxis staged a coup against the throne and ousted King Stamar. Stamar was imprisoned along with Pomoxis' enemies, Aquaman and Aqualad. Aquaman escaped from prison, and helped to dethrone Pomoxis, giving the crown back to Stamar. A short time later, Stamar stepped down as King of Atlantis, and the crown was passed to Aquaman.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 2 Appearances of Stamar (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Stamar (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Stamar (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Stamar (New Earth)