Ibac's alter-ego is Stanley "Stinky" Printwhistle, a crook who attempted to blow up a bridge, but was caught in the explosion. He was saved by Lucifer, who offered Printwhistle the chance to become a champion of evil in exchange for his immortal soul. Printwhistle accepted, and was told to speak the magic word "IBAC". By doing so, the frail, grey-haired criminal was transformed into Ibac, a brutal muscleman with a buzz cut. Saying "IBAC" again transformed Ibac back into Printwhistle.
Because he hasn't been able to defeat Captain Marvel, Printwhistle has not been obliged to give his soul to the devil, and has reformed, but being weak-willed, he has often been forced by other criminals into becoming the evil Ibac again.
- Power of IBAC: In order to change form, Stanley must be able to call upon the name of Ibac. Instead of magic lighting, Ibac transforms with green fire and brimstone.
- This version of Ibac, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Shazam #4 was Ibac's first full appearance in a comic published by DC Comics, following the appearance of his likeness in a photograph in Shazam #2.
- Stanley Printwhistle is often called Stinky Printwhistle.
- 17 Appearances of Stanley Printwhistle (Earth-S)
- 5 Images featuring Stanley Printwhistle (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Stanley Printwhistle (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Stanley Printwhistle (Earth-S)