- It should be a relatively routine mission... but those are the ones that always seem to go the most wrong. If that sounds as if I'm getting cynical in my old age, I'm not. I was born cynical.
"Haunted Honeymoon": Stardate: 9000.0
Appearing in "Haunted Honeymoon"
- Captain James T. Kirk
- Commander Spock
- Chief Medical Officer Leonard McCoy
- Commander Hikaru Sulu
- Lt. Pavel Checkov
- Lt. Nyota Uhura
- Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott
- Ensign Arex
- Kobry "Moron"
- Elizabeth Sherwood
- Lieutenant Castille
- Security officer Appel
- Security officer Bloemker
- Security officer Hazzard
- Security officer Sterno
- USS Enterprise
- USS Weinstein
Synopsis for "Haunted Honeymoon"
Konom and Nancy Bryce retire to their quarters to celebrate their honeymoon. Meanwhile, the Mentite, Lt. Castille, begins behaving strangely. Doctor McCoy becomes concerned, but Castille asserts that Mentites never get ill. This proves to be false however as Castille begins inadvertently projecting telepathic illusions across the ship. As the crew of the Enterprise scramble to understand what is happening, they all begin suffering from a shared hallucination. The bridge of the ship wavers and transforms into a giant door with a sign that reads, "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here".
- Konom and Nancy Bryce were married in Star Trek #50.
- Pavel Chekov asserts that the practice of catching a bridal bouquet at a wedding is a Russian tradition.
- In one hallucination, Kirk sees members of his command crew as characters from the Bloom County comic strip.
- Sulu references an old gag that posits the question, "Are you a turtle?" This may be a reference to the motto used by the Ancient Order of Turtles, a drinking fraternity formed during World War II.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Star Trek Vol 1 51 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Star Trek series
- Star Trek (Volume 1)
- Star Trek (Volume 2)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (Volume 1)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (Volume 2)
- Who's Who in Star Trek