Starstriker was born at the same time that Captain Comet was. However, he was not exposed to the same overflying comet that activated Captain Comet's meta-gene. Because he felt robbed of the powers fate was supposed to endow upon him, he devised a way to expose himself to the comet while incapacitating Captain Comet and a weakened Superman. After he triggered his own mutant meta-gene, he used his mental powers (which were comparable to those of a man 100,000 years into humanity's future) to make Superman forget how to use his powers granted him by Earth's yellow sun. Starstriker captured both Superman and Captain Comet after their initial battle and planned to drain their energy for his own reserves. However, he was soon overpowered by both superheroes after Captain Comet used his own mental force to make Starstriker's new-found powers unbalanced; turning him into a human comet if he ever decides to use them. He was taken into custody shortly after, unable to use his powers lest he becomes unstable.
Those comparable to Captain Comet
- This version of Starstriker (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Enemy of Superman and Captain Comet
- 1 Appearances of Starstriker (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Starstriker (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Starstriker (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Starstriker (Earth-One)