- I'll sue you! You'll be tried before a world court as an enemy of this planet!
- -- Stavros Markos src
Stavros Markos was an extremely wealthy Greek tycoon said to possess one of the largest fleets in history. He developed a system that would deprive Atlantis of power, masquerading it as an environmental measure to get U.N. approval. His goons tried to loot the city while attempting a coup in the confusion, but Aquaman easily defeated them. Markos was driven away, but he swore revenge furiously. Though nothing ever came of it.
- This version of Stavros Markos (Earth-One), including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Stavros Markos (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Stavros Markos (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Stavros Markos (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Stavros Markos (Earth-One)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."