Steamboat (or Steamboat Bill) was an African-American food truck owner until he helped Captain Marvel bust a gang of crooks in a park. In doing so, Steamboat's truck was ruined. As thanks for his help, Billy Batson gave Steamboat a job at WHIZ Radio in 1942.
- This version of Steamboat, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Comic book stories from the 1940s may depict some ethnic and racial prejudices that were once commonplace in American society. Such depictions were wrong then and are wrong today. While not representing the DC Comics view of today's society, these stories are being indexed and summarized as they were originally created, because to do otherwise would be the same as claiming these prejudices never existed.
- Fawcett stopped using Steamboat in 1945 after a successful appeal from the Youth Builders, an integrated group of some 11,000 school children from New York and Philadelphia.
- 12 Appearances of Steamboat (Earth-S)
- 1 Images featuring Steamboat (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Steamboat (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Steamboat (Earth-S)