Wishing to have a more calm and quiet life with his niece, John moves to Jersey City where he begins developing medical equipment for a hospital, but without abandoning the superhero life. Newly established in this new city, Steel builds a set of armor and hammer more advanced than the previous ones, but not so powerful in relation to the weapons.
After becoming a member and scientific advisor of the Justice League, John implemented other significant upgrades on his armor to keep alongside of the Earth's greatest heroes.
MK III is not as tough as the earlier armor, because John wanted to reduce their durability for the advantage of better maneuverability. To withstand physical attacks, he implemented an inertial dampening field in the armor and reinforced vital areas with ridges of plated steel. Like the first armors, it follows the occupant's musculature motion and is able to demonstrate facial movements. After become a JLA member, Steel upgrades his armor, to the point that it was capable of lifting 70 tons and able to fly the speed of sound, as well as hack computers.
- Computerized System:The onboard computer is equipped with several management protocols for energy efficiency, gyroscopics, weapons, system repair and a Electro Magnetic analyzer. The onboard computer has the ability to predict and adapt opponent's maneuvers, detect a target's stress points, run various simulations of possible scenarios, video record and trasmit/receive all radio, satellite, cellular communication bands and access several public and private databases.
- Artificial Intelligence: The armor is semi-autonomous when unoccupied; Steel can summon and send away his armor with a simple mental command.
- Immunity System: Steel has immune systems in his armor to help him fight off computer viruses. It takes about 30 seconds to get rid of a virus, but after that time he is free of it. With this ability, Steel can control whatever computer system infected his armor when he is within a dozen feet of it. This system also protects him against mind control agents like Queen Bee's hypnotic pollen. The onboard computer can be attacked either with viruses or electromagnetic pheonomena that will temporarily override the suit's operation for 30 seconds while the system reboots. This reboot does not stop motor operations, and Steel retains control of the armor unless the attack damages the boot level operation protocols, which are separate from the operating system.
- Sensor System: The armor is designed to mimic Superman's powers, including their accurate vision and hearing. It's able to see the entire electro magnetic spectrum and sound frequencies, and also has radiation and movement sensors.
- Energy System: The main armor's power source is solar cells. This armor is able to absorb heat and electricity to restore energy reserves.
- Life Support:The armor is equipped with internal stores and a water filtering/recycling system (using his own perspiration), as well as for oxygen and waste removal. This system can protect the user against chemical, biological and nuclear attacks and also controls the internal temperature of the wearer.
- Jet Boots:The boots have a huge reserve of fuel for long distance travel. They give the armor the ability to fly nearly at the speed of sound (700 miles per hour). The boots are controlled by a button in the gloves.
- Magno-Gravimetric Flight:The armor creates a limited anti-gravitational field, which is polarized against the Earth's gravitational pull, enabling him to fly.
- Superhuman Strength: Steel's powered armor increases his strength to the point of lifting 70 Tons.
- Superhuman Durability'
- Inertial Dampening Field:In his suit's most recent incarnation, he has opted to reduce the physical strength of the suit in exchange for an inertial dampening field. This field increases his resistance to injury from physical attacks.
- Kinetic Hammer:This is the technology hammer created by Steel. The hammer is aligned with the Earth's magnetic flux, making it weigh about one ton. His armor also has an onboard computer guidance, voice control and an analysis system capable of detecting a target's stress points, and independent flight capability. In addition to its key capabilities, the hammer has an inertial damage field that gives him the ability to store and increase the kinetic energy collected during its trajectory and release that energy with enough force to destroy a tank and fire various eletromagnetic effects.
- Jet Boots
- The armor can operate for two or three days without recharging.
Links and References