Stephanie Trevor was born the daughter of Princess Diana of Themyscira and American soldier Steve Trevor in 1953, the same year that Clark Kent and his wife Lois Lane Kent gave birth to their daughter Kara Kent. Being born half-Amazon, Stephanie possessed half of her mother's superhuman strength. In 1964, Stephanie made her debut as the teenage hero Wonder Girl when her fellow superheroes and friends Wally West (Kid Flash), Bruce Wayne Jr. (Robin), and Kara Kent (Supergirl) were held hostage in Central City by the villains Gorilla Grodd, Mirror Master, and Weather Wizard. After succeeding in taking down the three villains together, Stephanie agreed with her friends' decision to form a superhero group of their own called the Justice League of America. It is not stated explicitly stated if Stephanie ever visited Paradise Island or if she was trained in combat by the Amazons. Although, it seems likely that she did visit the home of Amazons as she demonstrated excellent combat skills and was bound by the same rules imposed on her mother by the gods i.e. she would loose her powers if her bracelets were bound by a man.
Sometime in her adult life, Stephanie took over the role of Wonder Woman and became the chairperson of the Justice League of America. Around the late 1970s, Stephanie spent a thousand years in ancient Greece (though in present time she was gone for only three years), yet during that time she felt the pain of Kara's absence when she was killed by her brother Joel Kent. In 1986, Stephanie took the initiative to try reining in Bruce Wayne Jr. when his rage over the death of his first wife Kara started to overtake him to the point where he almost killed Alan Scott (Green Lantern).
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. The average Amazon possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as the Amazons stay on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Power Loss: As with her mother, binding her wrists together will cause her to lose her superhuman strength.
- This character is native to the Superman & Batman: Generations series of stories.
- 3 Appearances of Stephanie Trevor (Earth-3839)
- 4 Images featuring Stephanie Trevor (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Stephanie Trevor (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Stephanie Trevor (Earth-3839)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.
|Wonder Woman Family member|