Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the 2011 initiative, the New 52, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambig.|
Steppenwolf lead an army against Earth in the name of Darkseid during the Apokolips War. Steppenwolf later killed Wonder Woman and Superman during their last ditch attack against him. He was, however, defeated after Batman sacrificed his life to send all of Steppenwolf's Parademons back through boom tubes.
Steppenwolf then spent the next five years in hiding trying to escape the World Army with the help of his remaining forces and Fury. Steppenwolf later took control of the small country of Dherain after killing their king and set up plans to conquer the world.
- Steppenwolf was created by Jack Kirby, first appearing in New Gods #7. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Steppenwolf first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Justice League (Volume 2) #6 by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee.
- 26 Appearances of Steppenwolf (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Steppenwolf (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Steppenwolf (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Steppenwolf (Prime Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.