- --But Sterling Silversmith will tolerate no excuses!
- -- Sterling Silversmith src
Sterling Silversmith was a prominent businessman from Gotham City, who owned an antique business. Silversmith was fascinated to the point of obsession with silver, reason why he amassed large amonunts of silver and smuggled the precious metal hidden within statues from his own business. His plan was to move his silver collection to Europe, where he would become a millionaire when the gold was replaced by silver; a theory Silversmith believed would happen soon. However, he made a mistake by placing the skeleton of his brother in a Batman statue, which allowed Batman to learn the truth about Silversmith's criminal activities and the murder of his own brother. Silversmith tried to retrieve the skeleton, but all he accomplished was to attract the attention of Batman and the Gotham City Police Department. Silversmith tried to escape, but he was promptly captured and arrested for his crimes.
- Sterling Silversmith had a silver suit that deflects bullets.
- This version of Sterling Silversmith, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse saving all the alternate realities though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 4 Appearances of Sterling Silversmith (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Sterling Silversmith (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Sterling Silversmith (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Sterling Silversmith (Earth-One)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Search the Forums for:
|Batman Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Batman, or the Batman Family as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Batman Villains."