Steve Savage was the son of the legendary cowboy Brian "Scalphunter" Savage. He was raised in Mustang River, Wyoming and became a consummate marksman. Steve enlisted in the United States Army Air Corps during the onset of World War I. On his first mission, Savage broke formation against orders and succeeded in downing several German attack balloons. Although threatened with a court martial for disobeying orders, Savage developed a reputation as a fighting ace and earned himself the nickname, the Balloon Buster. Savage often dueled with the German flying ace Hans von Hammer. After the war, Savage disappeared in Southeast Asia in 1924.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- In Pre-Crisis continuity, Steve Savage's father was Steven Savage, Sr. In Post-Crisis continuity however, he has been retroactively made the son of Brian Savage, aka, Scalphunter. 
- 16 Appearances of Steven Savage (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Steven Savage (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Steven Savage (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Steven Savage (New Earth)