- We are superhumans, just as your modern crimefighters and covert actions teams are. However, we feel a different responsibility than they do. Their job, as they see it, is to fight the menaces come to them; the supervillains, the weird things in the dark. Their job is to return everything to status quo. They spend so much time fighting esoteric crime that they have little choice. They just don't have the time left to address ordinary menaces; the poison of unearned authority, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse that ride daily. They try to save the world, but they make no effort to change it. And if this world does not change soon, then it will most certainly die, no matter how many people they beat up.
- -- The High
Appearing in "Change or Die: 2 of 3"
Synopsis for "Change or Die: 2 of 3"
Blind of the Changers tortures Malcolm King to get information about Stormwatch. The High flies to a United Nations building to speak to the media. He informs the world that he is going to change the world and save it from itself. Henry Bendix learns of The High's location and sends Stormwatch Prime after him. Fuji, Hellstrike and Winter battle The High, but he is able to escape after a destructive battle. While Stormwatch controls keep a trace of The High, Stormwatch Prime returns back to Skywatch to be handled by the medics. Henry Bendix learns that the Changer's headquarters are in a jungle in South America and sends all his forces there, calling all the members of Stormwatch except for Jenny Sparks, who he mysteriously wants her to be ignorant to the whole situation.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss StormWatch Vol 1 49 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the StormWatch series
- Images from StormWatch Vol 1 49