Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Setting in an alternate history that diverged from the original timeline, the first nuclear bomb at the Trinity Test Site exploded prematurely, killing everyone including Dr. Oppenheimer, who were observing the testing. This causes not only America in unable to reproduce the atomic bomb, but forcing
Appearing in the 1st Story
- General Douglas MacArthur
- General George S. Patton
- Father Daniel "Danny" Monaghan
- John Wayne (Behind the scenes)
- President Harry S. Truman
- J. Robert Oppenheimer
- General Leslie Groves
- Kumomoto Prefecture, Island of Kyushu
- Nagasaki Prefecture
Synopsis for the 1st Story
Setting in an alternate history that diverged from the original timeline, the first nuclear bomb at the Trinity Test Site exploded prematurely, killing everyone including Dr. Oppenheimer, who were observing the testing. This causes not only America in unable to reproduce the atomic bomb, but forcing President Harry S. Truman to initiate Operation Olympic. The Allied invasion of Japan.
The preparation of Operation Olympic requires a large reinforcements of men, which include those experienced in the European Theater. For the invasion, General Douglas MacArthur summarized that the invasion will take place on Kyushu and noting that this will unexpectedly cost over many lives on both sides, especially for the Japanese. Also involving in Olympic is General George S. Patton, whose skills in armor tank infantry will prove useful in the Miyazaki prefecture in Kyushu for "tank country".
In Japan, the Imperial Japanese military knows that America will invade their island and will make their hard stance in dying against the invaders. In Nagasaki, Catholic Father Danny Monaghan overseers his children flock during an air raid which reduced the city into ruins. Following the raid, Japanese soldiers strongly, and forcefully, inquired that Danny's children must be transported and served in the defense of Japan.
Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean, two German scientists are ushered in U-Boat U-217. Inside the scientists are to be transported to Japan for a "historical" reason.
In Los Angeles, a peculiar man is enlisted in the army who identify his last name as Wayne...
Airmen Griff and College scout over the Island of Kyushu, mapping and photographing the landing beaches for the invasion. On the beaches, the Japanese had the entire beaches dug into miles of trenches through peasant labor. After their plane left over the beaches, the Japanese commander of the soldiers on the ground swears that their enemies will be soaked in their blood.
Some days later on the USS New Jersey, Griff and College examines the photos on the landing beaches. College reveals from the photographs that there were women and children who worked in fortifying the beaches with bunkers and trenches. Griff overall expresses that the invasion will "make hell look like a picnic."
- No special notes.
- George Patton in real-life died in December 21, 1945 from being seriously injured in a road accident in Germany. Here he is averted from his fate and redirect his duty to Japan.
- The Germans' plans on aiding Japan is seemingly based on Operation Caesar, a failed operation attempted by Nazi Germany to provide Japan with advanced technology to fuel their war machine.
- In real-life, John Wayne was exempted from military service during World War II due to his family status and mainly due to pressures from Republic Pictures that requested Selective Service process in furthering Wayne's deferment. Wayne considered his failure to serve in the military was the most painful experience of his life.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Storming Paradise Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Storming Paradise series
Links and References
- No external links.