- My people... built a nuclear reactor just outside town. Something went wrong. All my clocks have stopped. I lit... a candle... and they saw it. Demons from outside reality. They're going to <cough-acheh> - they're going to destroy everything and they don't een acknowledge our existence...
- -- Pripyat
Appearing in "Supercritical, Part 1"
Synopsis for "Supercritical, Part 1"
In the Ukraine, at the town of Pripyat, two researchers are investigating some strange readings in the highly radioactive area of Chernobyl. Some unseen thing kills them both.
On the Eye of the Storm, Martian Manhunter is helping Jenny learn about her powers while the rest of the team monitors activity around the world. The Engineer heads off to interact with the Daemonite intelligence of the station which the team jokingly calls "Charlie". Midnighter sends Apollo down to investigate the area where the researchers were killed. He encounters a weird energy that appears to attack him. Martian Manhunter takes Jenny with him and together they save Apollo and capture some sort of creature that was within the energy.
Meanwhile, Jack talks to the Spirit of Pripyat, who is still sick from the Cherynobyl accident years earlier. Two other city spirits, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are tending to him. Jack asks Pripyat about the creature and he's told that it came from space.
Back on the ship, the Daemonite spirit says the creature is threatening the station so it tries to kill the captured creature. It appears to succeed but Apollo disappears in the process. The Engineer finally demands answers from Martian Manhunter who seems to be withholding information. He tells them that this race has been to our universe before. They mine for gravity and in doing so threatened to destroy the universe.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Stormwatch Vol 3 7 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Stormwatch series
- Images from Stormwatch Vol 3 7
Links and References
- No external links.