"An Eye for an Eye": Jeff Carling, Lorna's half-brother and part-owner of Hill's Circus, insured Boston Brand's life for $10,000 before Brand's recent demise. Against his sister's wishes, he takes the money from the safe to make a blackmail payment to Morty, the
- Wow! I was shot only minutes after that -- a long way from Dayton! What an irony -- Jeff couldn't have killed me 'cause he was shooting another man at the time!
- -- Deadman
Appearing in "An Eye for an Eye"
- Heldrich (animal trainer)
- Rama Kushna
- Jeff Carling
- Lenny Deane (Dies in flashback)
Synopsis for "An Eye for an Eye"
Jeff Carling, Lorna's half-brother and part-owner of Hill's Circus, insured Boston Brand's life for $10,000 before Brand's recent demise. Against his sister's wishes, he takes the money from the safe to make a blackmail payment to Morty, the leader of Jeff's motorcycle club. It is revealed that Jeff undertook a contract to kill another gang boy, Lenny Deane, and Morty is blackmailing Jeff with a photo of him holding the rifle which was used to kill Deane. Initially, Deadman suspects Jeff of not only shooting Deane, but him too. But he discards both theories when he discovers that Jeff couldn't be in two places at once, and his rifle wasn't capable of making the shot that killed Deane. After solving the murder case, Deadman brings Morty to the cops where he makes him confess to Deane's killing. Jeff is later cleared of any wrong doing.
- Reprinted in World's Finest #223.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Strange Adventures Vol 1 206 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Strange Adventures series
Links and References
- No external links.