Streaky was Supergirl's pet cat that was given super-powers by an unusual form of Kryptonite. Supergirl was experimenting on a piece of green kryptonite in an attempt to find a way to neutralize its deadly effects. When her experiment failed, she tossed the Kryptonite (or "X-Kryptonite", as it became known) out the window. Though her experiment failed, her pet Streaky came across the X-Kryptonite, and was exposed to its radiation. "Due to the unique combination of chemicals in X-Kryptonite, it has given Streaky superpowers!"
Streaky was Supergirl's pet and helper until a bizarre lab accident turned all Kryptonite into iron. Gone his power's source, Streaky became a normal cat again, and Linda left him in charge of her parents in Midvale when she moved to San Francisco.
Streaky had a 30th century descendant named Whizzy (who also had superpowers).
- This version of Streaky, including all history and corresponding appearances, was initially erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. However the ending of Convergence retroactively prevented that collapse, saving all the alternate realities, though in an "evolved" form. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Streaky is also known as Streaky the Supercat.
- Streaky is a male tomcat.
- In a letter published in Supergirl #2, Editor E. Nelson Bridwell revealed that Streaky lost his powers during the events of Superman: Sandman Saga
- 44 Appearances of Streaky (Earth-One)
- 10 Images featuring Streaky (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Streaky (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Streaky (Earth-One)
Superman Family member