The Super-Sons was the team of the sons of Superman and Batman composed of the half-human Superman, Jr. and Batman, Jr. who grew up in the shadows of their famous fathers. While not as well recognized as their fathers, the duo did fight crime as part of their own period of self-discovery and ultimately became comfortable in their role as their fathers' successors. It remains unknown whether they actually did finally replace their fathers or not.
The Super-Sons team started when Superman, Jr. and Batman, Jr. became largely dissatisfied living under their parent's shadows. They moved away from home and their parents provided them a chance to prove their worth as heroes and they succeeded. After this, the Super-Sons continued their adventures traveling across the country and solving different types of crimes and mysteries. On their first non-supervised activities, they solved the mystery of Barstown town and afterwards they continued fighting crime in big cities like Gotham and Metropolis as well as solving mysteries in small villages.
An artifical duplicate of the Supersons was eventually created as an accident production of a Kryptonian super computer program and stray molecules. These artificial beings were a threat to the stability of Earth and elected to self-destroy themselves to save the Earth, instead of selfishly remain in existence in hopes of finding a possible cure to let them continue.
The Supersons, and all members of their Earth and source universe, were destroyed in the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- A duplicate recreation of the Super-Sons' Universe was created during the Infinite Crisis. This recreation and all of its inhabitants were destroyed at the end of the Infinite Crisis.
- In Omniverse #1 (1977), Mark Gruenwald gave this reality the term Earth-E
- Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Compendium identifies the Super-sons Earth as Earth-216 with Earth-154 being a variant where the identities of Superman and Batman's wives are known: Lois Lane and Kathy Kane respectively.
- The Kingdom established that Earth-216 was a hypertime reality and therefore wasn't destroyed in the Crisis on Infinite Earths event.
- Convergence restored this Earth though in an updated form.
- No trivia.