"The Lost Boys": Superboy attends a birthday party for a disabled boy named Kai who looks up to him and made a request through the Dream a Dream foundation to meet with Superboy that the Kid happily agreed to. After making sure Kai had a great party and got to experience flying Superboy returns
- Will you guys stop with the "unsolved mysteries" routine! Y'know, I'm gonna be pretty steamed if these "items" are just, like, a box of Glenn Miller vinyls!
- -- Superboy
Appearing in "The Lost Boys"
- Superboy (Flashback and main story)
- Newsboy Legion
- Tana Moon
- Rex Leech
- Roxy Leech
- Bizarre-O (First appearance & origin) (Dies)
- Director Westfield (On a TV or computer screen) (Deceased)
- Project Cadmus
- Director Anthony Rodriguez
- Director Jonathan Gabrielli
- Director Patrick MacGuire
- Director Thomas Thompkins
- Director Walter Johnson
- Dr. Carl Packard
- Angry Charlie
- Lodge (First full appearance)
- S-02/Experiment 2 (Single appearance)
- S-03/Experiment 3 (Single appearance)
- S-04/Experiment 4 (Single appearance)
- S-05/Experiment 5 (Single appearance)
- S-06/Experiment 6 (Single appearance) (Appears only as a corpse)
- S-07/Experiment 7 (Single appearance)
- S-08/Experiment 8 (Single appearance)
- S-09/Experiment 9 (Single appearance)
- S-10/Experiment 10 (Single appearance)
- S-11/Experiment 11 (Single appearance)
- S-12/Experiment 12 (Single appearance)
- Bart Allen (Impulse) (Cameo)
- Robert Lai (a KONA-TV reporter)
- Iolani Moon
- Li'i Moon
- Lon Tower
- Mrs. Tazuka
- Kai Tazuka
- Doug (a KONA-TV technician)
- Gordon (a KONA-TV technician)
Synopsis for "The Lost Boys"
Superboy attends a birthday party for a disabled boy named Kai who looks up to him and made a request through the Dream a Dream foundation to meet with Superboy that the Kid happily agreed to. After making sure Kai had a great party and got to experience flying Superboy returns home to relax only for Dubbilex to state that they need to go to Cadmus as something was discovered as the rubble was being cleared away that Superboy needs to see, though he won't say what it is.
When they arrive and are shown just what it is Superboy needed to come see it turns out to be the previous twelve attempts to clone Superboy under Director Westfield were secretly preserved in stasis capsules on a lower floor, though one of them was killed when his capsule was crushed in the attacks on Cadmus by the Underworlders during the Clone Plague. S-01 was unstable due to Carl Packard using Dr. Teng's "Bizarro" technique to create him and was put in stasis while Packard tried to find a way to save him. Before the reason S-02 through S-12 were placed in stasis can be explained the Newsboy Legion stumbles in on the conversation and Gabby unknowingly leans on the control panel for S-01's pod leading to his accidental release. Flip dicovers a hidden room which is revealed to contain the data Westfield had been implanting in the Superman clones, and includes plans for implanting triggers and other mind control methods to control them.
When the directors state they'd been hoping to learn just who Superboy and the rest were actually cloned from Packard reveals that he against orders from Westfield he'd kept a sample of the original cell stock he'd been given to work with which testing proves to be Westfield's own blood.
As a disheartened Superboy returns home he is approached by Superman, who gives him some advice and comfort after learning that Superboy had an unpleasant day with the news that his DNA donor was apparently Paul Westfield and having been unable to save "Bizarre-O". When he actually arrives back at the compound he is surprised by a birthday party Tana put together after she did the math and realized it had been exactly a year since the day the Newsboys helped Superboy escape from Cadmus.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Annual Vol 4 2 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy Annual series
- Superboy (Kon-El)
Links and References
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at DCU Guide
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
|Year One Annual |
This issue was part of the 1995 Year One Annuals crossover event, in which every annual was an origin story. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Annuals and Year One Annuals category.