"The Superboy": Clark Kent and Lana Lang spend their last night together in Smallville. They attend an outdoor party along with Pete Ross and several other local teenagers. Clark secretly uses his powers to save Pete's life during an illegal drag racing accident.
- I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Clark.
- -- Lana Lang
Appearing in "The Superboy"
- Jonathan Kent
- Lana Lang
- Martha Kent
- Perry White (First appearance)
- Peter Ross
- Trevor "T.J." Jenkins White
Synopsis for "The Superboy"
Clark Kent and Lana Lang spend their last night together in Smallville. They attend an outdoor party along with Pete Ross and several other local teenagers. Clark secretly uses his powers to save Pete's life during an illegal drag racing accident.
The following day, Clark and Lana say goodbye to their family before boarding a bus to begin their new lives together at Shuster College in Florida. When they arrive, Clark meets his new roommate, Trevor "TJ" Jenkins White, of Metropolis.
At the Shuster Research Lab, scientists experiment on a bizarre meteor discovered in a lake. The meteor begins siphoning off electromagnetic energy, throwing the entire campus into a brownout. Clark changes into Superboy and retrieves the meteor from the lab. He flies it out to sea where he discovers that it houses a disembodied alien life form. The telepathic mind thanks Clark and informs him that he is not of this world. The being then flies off towards the heavens, back to his native planet.
Superboy returns to Shuster and resumes his identity as Clark Kent. He believes that he may actually enjoy forging a new future for himself in Florida as the teen hero, Superboy.
- This comic book series is based on the Superboy live-action television series and does not take place within the mainstream DC continuity.
- The cover to this issue is a photographic screen shot from the series. The cover scene does not take place in this issue.
- Clark and Lana attend Shuster College in this issue. The school is named after Joe Shuster, artist and co-creator of Superman.
- TJ refers to the fact that his father, Perry, was awarded for his journalistic efforts in Corto Maltese. Corto Maltese was also the scene of a violent uprising described by Vicki Vale in the 1989 motion picture, Batman. Corto Maltese is also the name of an Italian adventure hero created by Hugo Pratt.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Vol 3 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy series
- Images from Superboy Vol 3 1