- Uh-uh! No way! None of this "Looks-like-the-bad-guy's-toast-but-really-he's-not" stuff! Not while I'm around! You go down, you stay down.
- -- Superboy
Appearing in "Compound Troubles"
Synopsis for "Compound Troubles"
Superboy is put before the school board of Hawaii by a loudmouth named Mack Harlin. They rule that he will have to start attending school there and must take a proficiency exam soon. Superboy isn't thrilled about the idea, but resolves that he won't fight it since he's supposed to be a role model following after Superman.
Rex takes Roxy out for an expensive dinner, acting on top of the world, saying that everything will be set with his creditors. Roxy is suspicious, not wanting things to go back to the way they were. When they get back to the apartment, it has been totally cleaned out. Superboy is there, however, and promises to explain. He scoops up Roxy and flies away, after giving Rex an address to meet them at. The location is a very remote spot out in the wilderness which houses a run down (nearly condemned) series of old ranch buildings the Kid calls the Compound. He bought it using all of Rex's money, which means Leech has nothing left to pay his debts. While Roxy and SB look around, the assassin Copperhead comes upon the sight and demands the money. Since Rex cannot pay, Copperhead decides he'll give Rex one more shot--but the price for such generosity is Roxy's life as a warning.
Inside, a disappointed Roxy hits on Superboy, who says that he doesn't want to mess things up with Tana. The lights suddenly go out and Copperhead attacks them. SB's infravision in his specs are useless and soon Copperhead puts the squeeze on the Kid. Superboy fights back, but the assassin is experienced enough to give SB a hard workout. Before he can kill Roxy, however, Superboy is on scene and manages to take him down.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Vol 4 12 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy series
- Images from Superboy Vol 4 12
Links and References
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at DCU Guide
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project