"Making History - Future Tense Part 1 of 3": Superboy is late to his history class, wherein he has to take a test which he is surprised to find that he knows little of the answers.
- Helps if you plug it in, Einstein.
- -- Superboy
Appearing in "Making History - Future Tense Part 1 of 3"
Synopsis for "Making History - Future Tense Part 1 of 3"
Superboy is late to his history class, wherein he has to take a test which he is surprised to find that he knows little of the answers.
On a different part of the island, the Legion of Superheroes arrive from the 30th Century: Cosmic Boy, Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Triad, and Chameleon. XS was supposed to be with them, but she is missing. Cosmic Boy wants to abort their mission to find her, but B5 insists they finish what they came there to do, and Cosmic Boy agrees. They have come to rescue Valor, who is a very important figure to the 30th Century. Saturn Girl points them in the right direction to find Superboy.
Back at the compound, a somewhat depressed Superboy finds Roxy studying for the police academy. He tells her that school has moved past the knowledge that the Cadmus Project had implanted, so now he'll have to study like everyone else.
The Legion followed a lava tube to beneath The Compound and Chameleon (in the form of a Buzekian stone-borer) smashed through into the house. Reacting in his typical manner, Superboy attacks him and the rest of the Legion. B5 tries to stick something in his ear, but the Kid throws him back. Saturn Girl probes his mind, but Roxy attacks her. Dubbilex and Krypto show up and Chameleon morphs into an image of him and they begin to fight. Superboy finally breaks it all up, realizing that it's all a misunderstanding. Dub links everyone telepathically (except for Roxy, who refuses) and SB learns that the team has come to rescue Valor. He takes them to S.T.A.R. Labs where relates how he put Valor into the stasis zone to save his life. Since he held it together tactile-telekinetically, the blueprints were left in his mind, and so Saturn Girl transfers them to Brainiac 5's. When B5 gets frustrated with primitive 20th century tech, he transports everyone (including Superboy) into the future.
Meanwhile, Knockout quits her job at the Boom Boom Room and drops by the Compound, letting Rex, Roxy, and Dub know that she's decided to move in.
- The Legion of Super-Heroes appeared last in Legionnaires #30. Superboy and the Legion appear next in Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #74.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Vol 4 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy series
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds
- Legion Lost (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion Worlds (Volume 1)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes
- The Legion (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at DCU Guide
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
- Superboy #21 entry at the Grand Comics Database
- Superboy #21 entry at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe