Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Lost and Found - Losin' It! Pt 6 of 6": Superboy beats on Victor Volcanum some more, who asks for a clean death. Knockout goads him on, telling him to kill Volcanum, but Superboy won't do it--so KO does it herself. Superboy realizes that all the rumors about her w
- Wake up and smell the coffee, pup! I'm a bad girl! I've always been a bad girl! You want me because I'm a bad girl! So why the surprise when I do bad things?
- -- Knockout
Appearing in "Lost and Found - Losin' It! Pt 6 of 6"
- Victor Volcanum (Dies)
Synopsis for "Lost and Found - Losin' It! Pt 6 of 6"
Superboy beats on Victor Volcanum some more, who asks for a clean death. Knockout goads him on, telling him to kill Volcanum, but Superboy won't do it--so KO does it herself. Superboy realizes that all the rumors about her were true, and that he's been played for a harp. Some robots walk in and confirm Volcanum's death, thereby beginning a detonation that will cause the island to sink back beneath the waves. Knockout wants the island high and dry and orders Superboy to whatever she says from now on, but he casts her aside and finds the scientists and Tana Moon that were being held on the island. He grabs them all and takes them to a nearby boat where the Special Crimes Unit is waiting. SB admits that he screwed up bad, but will make up for it by bringing in Knockout. Before he goes back to the island, Roxy (who had come with the SCU) puts the S-Shield back on his suit.
SB goes back and is ambushed by Knockout. He feels betrayed, but she tells him that he believed what he wanted to believe and he wanted her more than anything. It was fun and suited her purpose, but now she's all set to kill him. She nearly overpowers him, but he manages to get her down and use his powers to chain her to the island. The water covers both of them as the island sinks back to the ocean bottom. When the water becomes still again, Superboy emerges with the unconscious form of Knockout with him.
When it's all over, Superboy seeks some solitude at the beach. Roxy finds him there and helps cheer him up.
- This was the last issue written by Karl Kesel in his initial run as lead writer.
- Victor Volcaneum is one of Karl Kesel's many tributes to Jack Kirby.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Vol 4 30 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy series
Links and References
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at DCU Guide
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project