- Hey, you don't have to tell me I won't be doing any guest shots on Melrose with a face like this.
- -- Superboy
Appearing in "Freakshow!- Meltdown Pt 2 of 4"
Synopsis for "Freakshow!- Meltdown Pt 2 of 4"
Superboy resists the idea of getting a blood sample taken while at STAR Labs. Half his face look like it is melting. All his friends rush in and they all theorize as to what's happening: while Dubbilex suggests the Clone Plague, Superboy himself suspects it may have to do with his recent encounter with the Agenda.
Tana Moon gets a phone call from her boss telling her that a tropical storm is on the way. When Superboy hears that a ship is caught in the storm, he insists on going to help it despite his condition. Just as he leaves the doctor tells the others that the Kid's cell structure is breaking down, that he's literally melting away.
Superboy finds the ship in the midst of the storm, but is too weak to carry it or the passengers to safety. The storm gets worse, so in desperation the Kid gets all the crew to a life raft, rigs up a sail, and uses the last of his power to get it into the air. He just gets them to the beach before collapsing. Fortunately, Guardian and Project Cadmus have arrived in Hawaii, and they're going to do whatever it takes to save Superboy.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Superboy Vol 4 39 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Superboy series
Links and References
- Superboy article at Wikipedia
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at DCU Guide
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Superboy (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
|1:Superboy #38||2: Superboy #39||3: Superboy #40||4: Superboy and the Ravers #10||The Cure!: Superboy #41|