- Oh yeah, definitely! You so want to open fire on me in an enclosed area! Once the ricocheting bullets finish with you, you'll all sound like harmonicas on a windy day!
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Mondo Bizarre"
- Mondo (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Mondo Bizarre"
Supergirl is not very pleased with the police officers in the Kansas town she helped at the outbreak of the Imperiex War. They had told her that Buzz was attacking an innocent woman, but now it appears that he wasn't after all. While in police custody he was beaten by the people in his cell and is now in hospital care. The police don't exactly take kindly to Supergirl either.
She then runs into an alien being that is devouring the bodies of the dead civilians left behind by the attacks on Earth. She is more than a little surprised when this being accuses her of being barbaric. The being, called Mondo, says that it follows wars, collecting various artifacts to sell to more advanced worlds, and admits eating the dead, though it never kills or hurts anyone.
Supergirl and Mondo are engaged in philosophical debate for quite some time; he compares his activities to that of an archaeologist, only on a different time-scale, and he shows her his personal collection of children's toys, collected from the most innocent victims of man's many atrocities. She leaves Mondo and tries to find Buzz, but he has checked himself out of hospital and made his way to Gotham City. She decides to follow him; as she goes, the police call for her help when Mondo starts 'collecting' some of their damaged equipment. She simply throws them some of Mondo's lines and leaves the creature to do what it will.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 4 61 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
Links and References
- Supergirl at Wikipedia
- Supergirl at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 4) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 4) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 4) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
Our Worlds at War Crossover