"Many Happy Returns": Linda Danvers goes back to Leesburg after getting her full power back, and finds that her parents are expecting a baby... and a new villain called Rebel has set up shop in her hometown.
- This is insane. This is simply not happening. A girl doesn't just show up wearing a Supergirl costume and announce she's from Krypton. Superman's the only survivor of Krypton! I know that! Everybody knows that! And God, she's so peppy and innocent she makes Mary Marvel look like Hannibal Lecter!
Appearing in "Many Happy Returns"
- Rebel (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Many Happy Returns"
After engaging and defeating several goons hired by Rebel, Linda is peacefully catching up with her parents when she sees a space rocket about to crash-land on Leesburg. Using her newly-recovered telekinesis and flight power, Linda manages to divert the falling spacecraft, which lands on a nearby woodland. When she flies down to check the rocket out, a girl wearing a Superman-like costume emerges out of it: Kar Zor-El, as well known as the Pre-Crisis Supergirl.
As Linda is trying to figure out who that girl is and where she came from, Rebel chooses that time to appear, riding a flying spaceship with which he hopes to destroy Supergirl. However, his weapons are not a match for an Earth-One Kryptonian. Kara easily and single-handedly destroys his ship and drives him off. Unfortunately she accidentally hurts Linda, who furiously accuses her from being Buzz or another enemy looking to mess with her head. Kara gets upset and then angry and flies away fo find her cousin.
- This book was first published on October 23, 2002.
- No special notes.
- This issue's cover is an homage to Action Comics #252.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 4 75 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
Links and References
- No external links.