"Fish Out of Water": In search of a need for family, Supergirl decides to try out for the Outsiders. Mostly, she just wants to be closer to Nightwing whom she's developed a crush for. At this point in time, the [[Outsiders (New Earth)|O
- I ran to him at super speed and flicked him in the head. I heat-visioned the barrel of the gun and was back in place before his feet left the ground. I have it under control.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Fish Out of Water"
- Jaq (metahuman pirate)
- Akiela (metahuman pirate)
- Devon (metahuman pirate)
- Batrope (cover only)
- Pirate yacht
Synopsis for "Fish Out of Water"
In search of a need for family, Supergirl decides to try out for the Outsiders. Mostly, she just wants to be closer to Nightwing whom she's developed a crush for. At this point in time, the Outsiders are exploring a darker side of justice, and they no longer have the benefit of the reputation they once held.
They begin by having Grace and Kara go undercover to expose a metahuman pirate ring that has been targeting yachts and trawlers off Angola. They pose as a rival pirate ring in search of a leader. To demonstrate their ruthlessness, Grace and Kara murder a deckhand on one of the boats they seize (which is actually Metamorpho in disguise). The metahuman pirates, led by a scaly woman named Jaq, are impressed with Grace and Kara and decide to give them a shot.
After several misadventures, the Outsiders discover that the pirates derive their powers from a captured amphibian woman who has access to magic. They blow their cover and Jaq's crew begin fighting Supergirl. As Jaq's abilities are based on magic, her claws are able to pierce Supergirl's skin. Suddenly, help arrives from an unexpected source -- a guy who calls himself Power Boy.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Identity trade paperback.
- Group editor Eddie Berganza is credited as "Cap'n Crunch" in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 11 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series