"Love at First Fight": After a harrowing dream involving her father Zor-El, Kara awakens inside of a S.T.A.R. Labs facility. Doctor Cale has been using yellow sunlight therapy to help heal Supergirl's recent injuries. Lois Lane comes to visit
- Luck and I haven't been all that close lately. Try again.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Love at First Fight"
- Gakidou (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Love at First Fight"
After a harrowing dream involving her father Zor-El, Kara awakens inside of a S.T.A.R. Labs facility. Doctor Cale has been using yellow sunlight therapy to help heal Supergirl's recent injuries. Lois Lane comes to visit her and admonishes Kara for not keeping in contact with either Clark or Bruce. Annoyed, Supergirl flies off.
Later, she arrives in Mexico where she begins rescuing people caught in a hurricane. A new young super-hero named Power Boy arrives to lend a hand. Kara is smitten by the boy's charm and strong features and decides to spend some time with him.
Power Boy and Supergirl fly off to Hollywood in order to get to know one another better. While resting atop the Hollywood sign, they are attacked by two super-villains known as Gakidou and Sakki. Both of them possess the ability to render themselves intangible and the heroes find it extremely difficult to combat them. Supergirl finds a way to bypass their defenses however and uses her super-breath to incapacitate them.
- This book was first published on December 27, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Identity trade paperback.
- Power Boy appeared last in Teen Titans (Volume 3) #38.
- Superman appears in flashback to events that took place during 52.
- The licence plate on one of the vehicles caught in the Mexican hurricane is LUH-91. This was also the name of a character from the 1971 Sci-Fi film THX 1138.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series