"Special": Supergirl and Power Boy go on patrol and sweep through a park beating up on a group of armored thugs. Their minds are hardly on work, however, and when the job is finished the two share a passionate embrace. They retire back to Sup
- It's nice to see you too, Robin. Stop me if you've heard this, but the gravelly voice thing is adorable. The "Li'l Batman" thing, not so much. We'll work on that.
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Special"
- Supergirl (Kara Zor-El) (Flashback and main story)
Synopsis for "Special"
Supergirl and Power Boy go on patrol and sweep through a park beating up on a group of armored thugs. Their minds are hardly on work, however, and when the job is finished the two share a passionate embrace. They retire back to Supergirl's place where Power Boy expects to spend some quality time together. Supergirl, however, plans on finding out who the thugs in the park really were, and why they were sent to kill her.
Meanwhile, a mysterious woman conspires with Batgirl and the League of Assassins. She had hired the League to send the armored goons to run Supergirl through the ringer, fully aware that they would be quickly defeated. The League finds just the right carrot to dangle in front of Supergirl's face, however, when they abduct the Outsider known as Boomer. They allow Boomer to place an emergency S.O.S. call to attract Supergirl's attention.
Supergirl gets a bead on the thugs who attacked her and learns of the League's involvement. She flies to the Batcave in Gotham City to get some further intelligence from Robin. After an awkward exchange between the two, she then flies off to deal with Cassandra directly.
Supergirl arrives at the League stronghold fully expecting a trap. Batgirl emerges from the shadows in full costume, sporting two glowing red swords. One of the sword swipes actually manages to slice through Supergirl's stomach. Suddenly, sharp crystal shards spontaneously grow from the wound. Similar shards spring from Supergirl's back spearing Batgirl through the ribs and shoulder. Taking advantage of the situation, Supergirl makes a hasty retreat.
She contacts Power Boy and gives him an update on the situation. Power Boy is levitating inside of his private room. Dozens of photographs of Supergirl are plastered all over the walls.
- This book was first published on February 7, 2007.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Identity trade paperback.
- Teen Titans (Volume 3) #44 clarifies that Batgirl's appearance in this issue takes place before the "Titans East" storyline running through issues of Teen Titans (Volume 3).
- This issue contains flashbacks of Kara as an infant with her father, Zor-El.
- At one point Supergirl dons a white baby-tee with an "S" shield on it. This shirt is similar to the one commonly worn by Linda Lee Danvers, the previous Supergirl.
- Supergirl makes reference to the NBC television series Heroes in this issue.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 14 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
Links and References
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project