"Tesseract": Supergirl finds a giftwrapped pacakge in her apartment lined with lead. She opens it only to find an empty box. There is a slip of paper inside that reads, "Mistake". She then receives a call from Batman who admonishes her for
- Supergirl, you're one of the most powerful creatures on the planet. If someone intelligent were to come after you, they wouldn't attack you directly. They'd try to trick you. Surprise you. Remember Supergirl... only your body's invulnerable.
- -- Batman
Appearing in "Tesseract"
- Green Lantern Corps (unidentifiable members)
- Gotham City
- Deep space
- Teleportation device
- Tesseract field
- Alien star cruisers
Synopsis for "Tesseract"
Supergirl finds a giftwrapped pacakge in her apartment lined with lead. She opens it only to find an empty box. There is a slip of paper inside that reads, "Mistake". She then receives a call from Batman who admonishes her for opening up the lead-lined box, citing that her adversaries will try to get at her through trickery.
Shortly thereafter, Kara is summoned by Superman who is assisting the Green Lantern Corps with a mission in deep space. The heroes are struggling to stop a battle between two warring star fleets. Superman needs Supergirl to track the enemy courier ship back to its point of origin. He would do it himself, but he is preoccupied with countering the invading fleet's efforts. A Green Lantern gives Kara a device that will instantly teleport her back to this location. Superman warns her that she only has two hours in which to complete the mission.
Supergirl trails after the courier ship, but a solar flare distracts her course and the ship is able to pull away from her. Her time runs out before she can determine their point of origin. She teleports back to the battle site and apologizes to Superman and the Green Lantern Corps.
Supergirl then has an idea. She enters a spatial rift that brings her into a tesseract dimension.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Beyond Good and Evil trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 23 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
Links and References
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project