"Breakpoint": Superman arrives to find Supergirl buried in a crater caused by Reactron. Supergirl is fine and wants to pursue Reactron, but Superman tells her that he will take care of Reactron and that he needs
- Wait, let me get this straight. You're... invulnerable? Probably can't get sick, right? Maybe immortal. You have power... beyond imagination... and you're using it... to rob a bank?
- -- Supergirl
Appearing in "Breakpoint"
- Henry Paul Price (First appearance)
- Maureen Clark Price (First appearance)
- Thomas Price (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Breakpoint"
Superman arrives to find Supergirl buried in a crater caused by Reactron. Supergirl is fine and wants to pursue Reactron, but Superman tells her that he will take care of Reactron and that he needs her to help some people out of a structurally unsound building in Metropolis. Supergirl flies to the scene and finds a scared, little boy named Thomas. She promises Thomas that he is not going to die and flies him out of the danger zone.
After doing so, Supergirl then engages Reactron. She doles out a series of punches, but these prove to have no effect against him. She then realizes that it is the circular device upon his chest that provides him with his power, Supergirl tears it away from him and Reactron is rendered inert.
Soon after, she learns that Thomas has been admitted to the hospital. Confused, she flies to the hospital to face his angry, tear-stained parents. The cannot understand why Supergirl made Thomas a promise that he wouldn't die. She now realizes that Thomas is suffering from inoperable brain cancer and only has weeks to live. Supergirl is not prepared to let this boy down and reaffirms her vow that she is going to save his life.
- This issue is reprinted in the Supergirl: Beyond Good and Evil trade paperback.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Supergirl Vol 5 26 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Supergirl series
- Images from Supergirl Vol 5 26
Links and References
- Supergirl article at Wikipedia
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at DCU Guide
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Supergirl (Volume 5) series index at the Grand Comics Database Project